How to Brush
Brushing your teeth properly is the single most important thing you can do to protect your teeth and prevent cavities.
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes, or a 120 seconds. While that sounds very short, the two minutes of brushing can feel like a life time. In fact, most of people do not come close to brushing that long. To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restorations.
Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:
- Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
- Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
- Clean the chewing surfaces
- For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too
Proper Brushing Technique
Your Dentistry at Morgan Hill Dental recommend the following proper brushing technique:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
Our Sacramento dentists are happy to quickly demonstrate best practices and walk you and family through this simple process.
We Look Forward to Meeting You!
We are just off 101 with ample parking in Madrone Plaza, Morgan Hill
Discover Efficient, Predictable, And Convenient Dentistry
Monday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday by Appointment
Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday – by Appointment